Monday, June 27, 2011

It's been a while.

I know I haven't posted in a while... sorry about that.
I'll try to be better. Promise!
----
  This is a square cake, square cakes are evil. Really, just evil. frosting is a pain and covering in fondant is ridiculous. I'm sure I'll get the hang of them eventually but for now I shall hold a grudge.  --- This cake is just a 'for fun' cake I made late saturday night for the college group at Church. (Oh did I mention I'm back in Arizona?.. yeahhh)
I didn't just make that one cake though... noooo.. Stefani thought we would need more than a double 6in square. Here is the other cake..

  Yay for edible marker ink! =D This was not just my first time dealing with those tricky corners but also with trying out edible markers! They were awesome! Though you do have to be gentle since fondant is soft. Also, first time making a fondant bird. No, the owls from my birthday don't count, they were cake. This bird turned out looking something like a little duck, though it was supposed to be a Sparrow. It's a kind of Sparrow-Duck.. Durrow perhaps? o.O 

                                              Yep, definitely a Durrow.

Are not two sparrows sold for a penny? Yet not one of them will fall to the ground apart from the will of your Father. And even the very hairs of your head are numbered. So don't be afraid; you are worth more than many sparrows.
                     Matthew 10:29-31

No comments:

Post a Comment