Thursday, March 24, 2011

Eighteen!

 My 18th birthday was last week, crazy. As being someone who is infatuated with cake design I had to make my own birthday cake. I mean, who makes their own birthday cake right? =)
 The original plan was to have a mini tiered cake with a fondant peacock sitting on top with the feathers cascading down the side of the cake. I got the cake recipe from my friend. (Egg free, oh yeah!) I had never made this recipe before and of course it was going to backfire on me! So instead of ending up with 3 6in cakes I found myself with two ruined layers, broken apart, and one thin pathetic excuse for a cake layer. So what do I do? Make little cake balls shaped like owls!


 The one with the glasses is me.

 I tried giving them wings but it was far to frustrating to get them just right so they are the purple wingless owls of some random far away land no one has ever heard of.


                                                     The whole gang.

'Wacky' Cake Recipe-
3 Cups Flour
1 1/2 Cups Sugar
2 Tsp Baking Powder
2 Tsp Baking Soda
1 Tsp Salt
6 Tbsp Cocoa Powder
2 Tbsp Vinegar
2 Tsp Vanilla
2/3 Cup Oil
2 Cups Hot Water

Just mix all the ingredients in a large bowl and pour into greased and floured cake pans and then bake in preheated oven at 350 F

ENJOY! =D

No comments:

Post a Comment