Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Apple Pie Cookies & Sugar Glaze

Last night I was Skype messaged by my sister informing me that I should make Apple Pie Cookies and not use a recipe but make my own. I haven't experimented much with inventing recipes but I decided to give it a go.



I'll probably adjust the recipe a bit the next time like add an egg yolk, since they came out a bit on the chewy side (not gooeychewy) the chewy chewy kind of way that is slightly strange tasting. (Am I making sense?) Overall I guess I like how they turned out. The Chocolate PeanutButter Cookie recipe I created was much better though. (:


Apple Pie Cookies with Sugar Glaze
2 Cups Flour
1/3 Cup Milk
1 Large Chopped Apple
1 Cup Brown Sugar
1/2 Cup Sugar
1 Tsp Salt
1/8 Tsp Baking Soda
1/8 Tsp Baking Powder
1/2 Cup Butter
1 Tsp Vanilla
Pinch of Honey
1/8 Tsp Nutmeg
1 Tsp Cinnamon
---
Cream together in mixing bowl Milk, Butter, Brown Sugar, Sugar, Baking Soda, Baking Powder, Vanilla, Honey, Salt, Nutmeg, and Cinnamon.
Fold in Chopped Apple pieces.
Mix in the Flour.
Drop onto greased pan or baking sheet. (I suggest you flour your finger and push the dough down a bit.)
Bake for approximately 15-20 min. or until light brown.  (350 degrees)
While the cookies are baking mix about 3tbs milk with 1 cup powdered sugar.
Drizzle over cooled cookies.
(This makes a little over 2 dozen cookies.)

No comments:

Post a Comment